Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back to Real Life

Kev is back to work this week and left on Monday for his first business trip of the season. I have a cold, a nasty stomach bug and a fever of 102. And I'm at work.

Monday night I took Amy to Friendly's for dinner and last night she had McDonald's. I dropped her off at school today with a baggie full of Kix and a box of milk.

How awful is that? The thought of cooking anything makes me want to die.

I am so thankful that she hasn't pulled her normal 2 hour nighttime routine ("I need to go potty. I need a drink. I need the light on. I need the light off.") on me these last two days and I was able to go to bed at 9 PM. He will be home tonight and hopefully not too tired to prepare a healthy meal for himself and the baby, because my next stop is pizza.

I feel really bad for looking forward to his going back to work.

In better news, we just found out that Amy is being "promoted" next week from the Toddler room to Pre-K 1. It is lame, but we are excited about it. The requirements are so vague, yet awesome. 1. Potty trained 2. Shows readiness for Pre-Kindergarten So I don't know what that means, but apparently they think she is ready. The differences in the Pre-K 1 room are minimal. The kids are older and there is more focused learning time, I think, but it is still mostly just learn through play. Also, apparently very few kids are ever promoted before their third birthdays, but my baby is awesome and special by accident of birth. Her birthday is right before the new school year starts so they want to her to acclimate before a bunch of new kids come in. She sometimes has trouble adapting to new social situations, so this will be a big help. If she goes now, most of the kids will be kids she used to know from her Toddler class. Familiar faces will make the transition way easier for her. Last year when we switched from an in-home day care situation to this school, she did not sleep for more than 45 minutes straight for 5 days. I would say we would like to avoid that.

No comments: