Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stuck > Content

Still on me BB. Sucks.

We have a modest 2 bedroom ranch in a nice neighborhood.

It is not the neighborhood we wanted when we bought 4 years ago, but it's OK. Our friend is about to inherit a nice 4 BR house in our ideal neighborhood. It is on Money Magazine's list of top 100 places to live, which I would link to if I were using my fucking computer now instead of this GD phone.

Whatever.

Anyway, first of all his grandma isn't even dead, so the entire situation makes me uncomfortable. The house is worth about $200,000 more than our house but he says he will sell it to us for whatever we sell ours for.

It's not that I don't trust Friend, because I do. Kevin has known him for 25 years and he is Amy's godfather. It is just such a weird situation. He could change his mind at any time and who could blame him? If he could get $200,000 more by selling on the open market, why wouldn't he? I know he wants to avoid some repairs that we are aware of, but it is certainly not 200 grand worth.

So I don't want to do it.
Not to mention my complete and total aversion to change of any kind.




Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: